- The most EXCITING and ECONOMICAL way to get a drone license is to learn how to fly hot air balloons.
- Lindstrand Balloons Fall Special “LEARN TO FLY”
- Hot Air Balloon Crew Member
- Lindstrand 77X Racer
- Litchfield Hills Aero Club, LLC
- Adding a Hot Air Balloon Rating
- An Irish Question
- BFA Matchbooks
- Commemorative pin in memory of Carol Rymer Davis and Richard Abruzzo
- The Light Heart Trans-Atlantic Balloon Attempt
Hot air balloon retrieve team
If you have watched hot air balloons being prepared, the question that is often asked is “who are all those people rou
nd the hot air balloon?” Well it’s called the ground crew or more commonly the chase crew and is usually between 2 to 3 people.
We are looking for anyone interested in becoming a hot air balloon ground crew member. Our balloon crew is comprised of mostly volunteers. Crewing provides the opportunity to learn about the various aspects of ballooning and general aviation. We also offered paid positions as well with flexible schedule
This job is mostly fun – and you’ll learn how hot air balloons operate. You would need to be available for up to three hours, be on time, and ready for some light physical work unloading and packing up the balloon after flight. If you are interested please let me know!
As crew you will perform the following tasks:
- Unpack the Hot Air Balloon components form the vehicle or trailer
- Assemble the basket and envelope
- Assist the pilot inflating the balloon envelope and preparing it for flight
- Follow the Hot Air Balloon in the chase vehicle
- Assist the pilot after landing
- Deflate and pack up the balloon components back in the chase vehicle
- Assist the passengers and pilot in a post flight celebration.