- The most EXCITING and ECONOMICAL way to get a drone license is to learn how to fly hot air balloons.
- Lindstrand Balloons Fall Special “LEARN TO FLY”
- Hot Air Balloon Crew Member
- Lindstrand 77X Racer
- Litchfield Hills Aero Club, LLC
- Adding a Hot Air Balloon Rating
- An Irish Question
- BFA Matchbooks
- Commemorative pin in memory of Carol Rymer Davis and Richard Abruzzo
- The Light Heart Trans-Atlantic Balloon Attempt
Learn to Fly
If you have a powered aircraft rating — NO written exam required.
If you no powered aircraft rating — You will need to pass a written exam.
Flight Training Private Pilot Rating:
10 hours total over a minimum of 6 instructional flights including a solo flight.
One flight to 3000′ AGL. 2 training flights of on hour minimum.
Commercial Pilot Rating Requirements
35 total flight hours — 20 hours in balloons — 10 balloon flights.
10 hours of flight training that includes at least 10 flights.
One flight to 3000′ AGL. 2 training flights of one hour minimum.
2 solo flights.
For either rating — pass the appropriate practical (Flight) test.
No medical certificate required for either rating.
The Litchfield Hills Aero Club, LLC , is a not for profit, equity ownership flying club, that provides its members with affordable access to ballooning. The club is based at Whelan Farms Airport (CT01) and will be run by a board of directors elected by the membership, per club by-laws, which includes operating rules, members manual and flying schedule. We also welcome new members to join the team and have fun.
Call or e-mail to learn more about The Litchfield Hills Aero Club, LLC or learning to fly lighter than air aviation!